Visible Ink Is Open For Submissions!
Our theme this year is "The End". It is common to feel these days that we are in the end of times. Justifiable, given our current circumstances—it really seems like we are slouching towards the apocalypse.
However, not many know, but the word apocalypse originally meant “truthful revelation. In an age where there is systematic silencing, we feel it is applicable. So, we encourage submissions to interpret this concept of “The End” and how it applies to almost every aspect of the human experience.
Kurt Vonnegut once said, “nothing in real life ever ends”. And he is right. You can choose what we will make it the end of. As creators, you have that power.
We are accepting literary non-fiction and fiction, interviews, poetry, flash fiction, visual art and photography. All submissions must be original and unpublished. We do not accept simultaneous submissions of written work.
If selected, we pay:
- $75 for fiction & non-fiction
- $50 for poetry, visual art, photography and flash-fiction
Restrictions on length:
- 2,000 words max for all fiction & non-fiction
- 50 lines for poetry
- 250 words max for flash-fiction
How do you submit?
Is there a cost?
- To keep Visible Ink running there is a small fee of $7 for each written submission, or for a collection of two visual submissions.
- However, we will not turn away those in difficult financial circumstances. If you wish to submit without the fee, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Visible Ink recognises the institutional violence inflicted upon oppressed minorities, and encourage diverse voices: refugees, people of colour, members of the LGBTI community, those of lower socio-economic backgrounds, those with diverse backgrounds and those with impairments/disabilities. Everyone. We at Visible Ink we respectfully acknowledge the traditional owners of this country, and recognise elders past, present and future.
All submissions must be received before 11.59pm, 31st July 2017.
- You will need to include with your submission with a cover letter that includes your name, a 50-word bio, email address and phone number.
- All submissions must be original, unpublished works that have not previously won any competitions or prizes.
- Submissions may not currently be submitted or under consideration for another publication.
- All written submissions (fiction, narrative non-fiction and interviews) must be maximum 2,000 words; poetry, maximum 50 lines; flash fiction, maximum 250 words.
- Please upload your work as a Word.doc file.
- Do not include your name or details anywhere in the document file. This is to ensure your work is read anonymously.
- Written submissions are limited to one entry per person.
- There is a $7.00 entrance fee for all written submissions, however, we will waive the submission fee for those in difficult circumstances.
- All submissions must be received before 11.59pm 31st of July 2017.
- Visible Ink reserves the right to disregard any works submitted that do not follow these guidelines.
For information please visit: www.visibleink.net
Or send enquiries to: email@example.com